The purpose of this page is to inform the public about international human rights standards, including key conventions signed and ratified by the Republic of Cameroon and therefore legally binding on the government.
The following video showcases covenants that make provisions for civil, political, economic, social and cultural rights.
Milestone Human Rights Declaration
1) The Universal Declaration of Human Rights. [Full text in PDF format].
Key International Conventions Ratified by Cameroon
1) International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights. [Full text].
2) International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights. [Full text].
3) African Charter on Human and Peoples’ Rights. [Full text].
4) Convention Against Torture and Other Cruel, Inhuman and Degrading Treatment or Punishment. [Full text].
5) Convention on the Rights of the Child. [Full text].
6) Convention on the Elimination of All Forms of Discrimination Against Women. [Full text].
7) African Youth Charter. [Full text in PDF format].
Key International Covenants Signed by Cameroon
International Humanitarian Law Treaties ratified by Cameroon
Geneva Conventions of 12 August 1949 and Additional protocols:
– Convention I [Full text].
– Convention II [Full text].
– Convention III [Full text].
– Convention IV [Full text].
– Additional Protocol I [Full text].
– Additional Protocol II [Full text].
1) The Constitution of 2 June 1972, as amended by Law No. 96-06 of 18 January 1996 [Full text in PDF format].